1 Like No Other // Visit Ten ‘One Like No Other’ Locations In The World - And Wear 1 Like No Other Shirts In Each
Visit Ten ‘One Like No Other’ Locations In The World - And Wear 1 Like No Other Shirts In Each
VeryFirstTo exclusively presents a never done before trip that is quite literally ‘like no other’. The couple will travel across the globe visiting wondrous locations that are the world’s ‘one and onlys’. This truly remarkable trip is a collaboration between VeryFirstTo and 1 Like No Other - the perfect fashion label to provide attire for the adventure, due to its fame for designing limited edition shirts.
A limited edition 1 Like No Other shirt has been specially chosen to complement each of the 10 locations visited on the month-long tour. Each shirt has been created using the finest cloth and finishes, and is stamped with its limited edition number.
On this one of a kind trip you will visit the world’s only hotel with glass igloos that allow you to see the Northern Lights: the Kakslauttanen Resort in Finland. The luxurious accommodation allows you to enjoy nature’s lightshow from inside a cosy igloo. From there it is off to Petra in Jordan, the only ancient city in the world that is part hewn from rock wall. It is iconic and instantly recognisable in part due to its starring role in 'Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade'.
You will then travel to the ominous-sounding but incredibly beautiful ‘Door To Hell’ in Turkmenistan - the world’s only burning natural gas field. It was created after Soviet geologists, who were drilling at the site in 1971 tapped into a cavern filled with natural gas. In an effort to prevent the poisonous gasses escaping they set it alight in the hope of burning it off – over 40 years later it is still burning.
Madagascar is next on the agenda, to see the Adansonia Grandidieri/ Grandidier's Baobab, which is a stunning tree endemic to the country. It is the biggest and most famous of the six species of baobab and is classified as endangered by the IUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature) Red List 2006. From natural wonder to natural wonder you will travel to the only floating national park on the planet - Keibul Lamjao National Park in India, where you may see the rare and endangered Sangai deer.
On to China where the Terracotta Army awaits. The collection of terracotta sculptures that depict the armies of Qin Shi Huang, the first Emperor of China is a form of funerary art that was buried with the emperor in 210–209 BCE and wasn’t rediscovered until 1974. You will then venture onto the island of Komodo - the only place in the world to see the magnificent Komodo dragon in its natural habitat.
In Japan, a fairytale experience awaits you as you wander through the only wisteria tunnel which is located in the Kawachi Fuji Gardens. From nature to a man-made structure – the only Corn Palace in existence is located in Mitchell, South Dakota, and it is a truly unique building.
You end the incredible tour in San Juan Parangaricutiro, where all that remains is part of a church as the entire town was buried after Volcán de Parícutin erupted in 1943. The magnificent ruin, and its only church buried in lava, was featured in Henry Hathaway's dark Western, 'Garden of Evil'.
You will be staying in some of the most luxurious hotels in the world including the spectacular Shangri-La in China, the Minneapolis W and The Jayakurta Suites in Komodo. As well as this, you will also experience more ‘earthy’ accommodation - such as a tent by the ‘Door To Hell’ - in order to reach some rarely visited destinations.
The exceptional trip is organised by luxury travel specialists, Hurlingham Travel, which has just been shortlisted for The Luxury Travel Agency of The Year Award.
A donation of £1000 will be made to The Prince’s Trust charity should the trip be purchased.
The cost includes organisation of travel (Business Class where available), airport transfers, car hire and accommodation (Junior Suites where available).
The prices of the 1 Like No Other shirts chosen for the trip start at £125.
FULL LIST OF DESTINATIONS
1. Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort, Finland - The only glass igloo hotel
2. Petra, Jordan - The only ancient city hewn from rock wall
3. The Door To Hell, Turkmenistan - The only burning natural gas field in the world
4. Adansonia Grandidieri/ Grandidier's Baobab, Madagascar - Tree only found in Madagascar
5. Keibul Lamjao National Park, India - The only floating national park
6. Mausoleum Of The First Qin Emperor, China - The only terracotta army in the world
7. Komodo, Indonesia - The only place to see Komodo Dragons in their natural habitat
8. The Kawachi Fuji Gardens, Japan - The only Wisteria tunnel
9. The Corn Palace, USA - The only corn palace
10. San Juan Parangaricutiro, Mexico - The only church buried in lava
LIST OF SHIRTS PROVIDED FOR EACH LOCATION
1. Kakslauttanen Resort - SEASONAL UNIQUE PRINT £175.00
2. Petra - GEO LINE JACQUARD £160.00
3. 'Door To Hell' - TRAILING FLORAL PRINT £125.00
4. Adansonia Grandidieri - NAVY FACET WITH FLORAL PRINT £135.00
5. Keibul Lamjao National Park - ROSE WITH MINI CHECK £160.00
6. Mausoleum Of The First Qin Emperor - ORNATE FLORAL JACQUARD £160.00
7. Komodo - LAYERED FLORAL PRINT £145.00
8. Kawachi Fuji Gardens - GRADUATED PHOTO FLORAL ON STRIPE £145.00
9. Corn Palace - STACKED CUBE PRINT £135.00
10. San Juan Parangaricutiro - FINE STRIPE WITH TRAILING FLORAL PRINT £145.00
1 LIKE NO OTHER
1 Like No Other creates spectacular shirt collections that are as much luxurious works of art as they are clothing. The fabrics are hand selected from the finest European Mills. The exclusive designs, with unique prints created by designers each season, flow from one garment to the next, weaving each collection together with one unifying story.
Selecting the cloth is the beginning, one essential component in creating the exclusive 1 Like No Other garment. The process that follows involves print design, selection of trims, buttons, stitching and ribbons with attention to detail to create a truly unique item. Once the creative team has signed off each essential element it applies the unique limited edition number which denotes each garment's place in the production run. A very limited edition, an instant collector's item and truly 1 Like No Other.
Exchange rates are indicative